To ensure a South African Number Plate Industry that is compliant with the prescribed National and Provincial legislation, as well as the South African National Standard for Number Plates, SANS 1116 parts 1 to 4.
become a member
SANA is a non-profit Association and strives to promote members’ interests on a national and provincial level, as well as providing updates on the latest developments in the Industry, to ensure that members are fully equipped to supply compliant embossed number plates to the South African consumer.
SANA members are dedicated to:
The legal requirements for number plates vary between provinces and the relevant information, as per the applicable provincial gazettes, can be accessed here.
The legal requirements for personalised number plates vary between provinces and the relevant information, as per the applicable provincial gazettes, can be accessed here.
South African number plates are regulated by National and Provincial legislation and must conform to the requirements of the South African National Standard for number plates, SANS 1116 parts 1 to 4. Click here for more information.
who we are
SANA was officially registered in January 2012 as a non-profit company, in terms of section 14 of the Companies Act, 2008
SANA Mission Statement
“To ensure a South African Number Plate industry that is compliant to the prescribed law and dedicated to providing quality products to the public.”
why become a member?
- Representation at the National and relevant Provincial Departments of Transport.
- Representation at SABS Technical Committee TC1070/SC01 and related working group meetings for SANS 1116.
- Representation at SABS Certification on all matters pertaining to audits and testing.
- Company Logo or details prominent on the SANA website
- Link from SANA website to members’ websites
- Regular correspondence on Industry related matters
- Attendance and Minutes of all Meetings